Curriculum Integration Examples

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mastersc
Institution/Company: University of Michigan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Curriculum Integration Examples

Postby mastersc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:19 am

I am the Enabling Technologies Informationist at the University of Michigan's health sciences library and we recently purchased an Anatomage Table. Our faculty are interested in integrating it into their curriculum and I would like to provide them with examples of how other institutions and programs have done so. Could anyone on the forum provide me with some examples or connect me with someone who may be able to help? I have reached out to a few universities, but am having trouble getting responses.

Thank you!
Jenny Liu
Institution/Company: Anatomage, Inc.

Re: Curriculum Integration Examples

Postby Jenny Liu » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:21 am

Hi Chase,

Thank you for your post. From our team's experience, we have heard a few examples of how schools have integrated the Anatomage Table into their curriculum.

1) Lectures
Dr. Alan Detton, an anatomy lecturer at Stanford, would use the Anatomage Curriculum to give students lectures right on the Anatomage Table. One screen would be projected so that a larger group of students would still be able to see everything. is a full demonstration of how to incorporate the Anatomage Curriculum into a lecture.

2) Self-directed assignments/quizzes
Using our quiz mode, the instructors can set up a quiz or an assignment that the students can do in their own time. The students can work in groups but everyone has to turn in their own answer sheet. These assignments can count towards the students' grades or they can be used for extra credit, depending on what the instructor prefers. One important bonus is that no instructor or TA needs to be at the Table to teach the students how to work through the quizzes since students can intuitively work through the quiz.

3) Presets
Our team has helped a few universities create their own set of presets that highlight specific regional anatomy. Another way to utilize the presets is to have the students create their own. For example, the assignment could be to ask the students to create presets that highlight the intrinsic muscles of the hand.

4) Presentations
One school assigned students to create PowerPoint Presentations on specific regional anatomy. They took screenshots of the Full Body Male cadaver and added other reference images in their presentations. Subsequently, the students presented their slides as an effort to teach other students on the specific regions.

5) Videos
The Anatomage Table team helped one university create videos that a TA integrated into their school's Blackboard. The case was an abdominal aneurysm. Two videos were made: one of a normal aorta and the second on the AAA.
bspence
Institution/Company: Tarrant County College

Postby bspence » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:36 am

Hello,

I teach in a radiologic technology program at a large, multi-campus community college in Texas. I have used the Table primarily in two ways.

1. I will guide the students (have them touch/interact with the Table) to create a rendering of anatomy and then ask them to (using the pen tool) to draw labeling lines coming from the major structures. I then have one student in the group save each image in the activity and e-mail them to everyone else in the group. I then have the students paste the images into Word documents, format them as desired, and insert textboxes (with the structure's name inside) at the end of the labeling lines. Each individual student then submits their Word document through our learning management system.

2. I have also connected the Table to the internet, downloaded screen capture software (I have used Screencast-o-matic), and recorded myself performing short tutorials reviewing anatomy. Again, these can be posted on an LMS. These could also be used during class to quiz the students.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to share Table ideas. My e-mail is brian.spence@tccd.edu

Thanks
Jenny Liu
Institution/Company: Anatomage, Inc.

Postby Jenny Liu » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Lori Hays of North Seattle College demonstrating the abdominal and pelvic regions using the Anatomage Table

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgEkTz44_vU[/youtube]

Return to “Anatomage Table General Discussion”