Converting your presets for the Table4.0 software update

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jenny Liu
Institution/Company: Anatomage, Inc.

Converting your presets for the Table4.0 software update

Postby Jenny Liu » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi Anatomage Table Users!

What is happening?

We are wrapping up the final features and details for the release of Table 4.0! But before that, we want to make sure that the presets you have in your current Table are compatible with the new update.

What are presets?

Presets include specific cuts, pins, annotations and more that you saved onto the menu for easy access. They are there to make your life easier when it comes to teaching or demonstrating specific anatomical structures to your class or peers. With all the new contents coming to Table 4.0, some incompatibility is expected for your presets.

How can I transition my presets so that they are Table 4.0 ready?

The process is simple. We just need some information to help you move your presets over.

Instructions:

1. Export your VPF preset files.
Preset conversion 1.png
Preset conversion 1.png (225.72 KiB) Viewed 34046 times

preset conversion 2.png
preset conversion 2.png (83.18 KiB) Viewed 34046 times

2. ZIP your VPF files together with any descriptions or reference files.
preset conversion 6.PNG
preset conversion 6.PNG (50.59 KiB) Viewed 34046 times

3. Upload all the zipped files onto this thread.**
preset conversion 4.png
preset conversion 4.png (79.16 KiB) Viewed 34046 times

4. If you have any comments or reference links, be sure to include them in the forum post.

5. After we receive your files, please allow up to 2-4 weeks after the release of Table 4.0 for us to convert the files. We will contact you via email after we're finished.

Can I download other Table users' presets?
Definitely! By uploading your presets, you're allowing other Table users to download and use them for their institutions and curricula. Anatomage encourages everybody to share their presets. Tell us about your presets: why you chose them and how you use them in your field. This is a great chance for you to share your ideas with everybody else and gain valuable ideas to incorporate into your own material.

What if I'd prefer not to share my presets on the forum?
Not a problem! Please email your Anatomage support representative and we'll happily assist with converting your presets for you.

When can I expect my presets to be ready?
After we receive your files, please allow up to 2-4 weeks following the release of Table 4.0 for us to convert the files. We will contact you via email after we're finished. Also keep an eye out for another forum post with instructions how to upload your presets into Table 4.0.

DISCLAIMER: By uploading/posting your presets on this thread, you agree to share the presets to the entire forum community, including but not limited to: Anatomage, educational institutions, medical facilities, and more.

If you have any questions or if you are unsure about anything, reply to this thread or give us a call. We will be happy to help you out!
jackiesr
Institution/Company: Richland College

a preset question for you

Postby jackiesr » Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

Jenny,
Spent quite a bit of time today fooling with presets, making a variety of them. I am writing up an exercise for use during the med terminology unit in lab. I tried using pen tools to make an image but could not set it as a preset, so i guessed that you could NOT use pens in a preset. The image showed when i hit the preset, but no pen marks on it at all. But I REALLY want that image, so I saved as a jpg.

Now the problem is that I am writing a step by step procedure for the students to use for this exercise. Other than telling them in a specific step to open the Windows Explorer window and click on the jpg file to look at it, HOW CAN THE STUDENTS SEE THIS IMAGE? I worry that once the students open Windows Exlporer, they might inadvertently or purposely mess up files.
Anatomage
Site Admin

Re: Converting your presets for the Table4.0 software update

Postby Anatomage » Thu May 26, 2016 10:17 am

Hi @jackiesr,

Thanks for posting on our forum! I'm also glad to hear that you've been making a lot of presets. You are correct that the pen feature is not saved in a preset. There are several solutions:

1. Since the Anatomage Table has 2 monitors, you can have the Table application on one screen and the image open on the other screen. That way you can view both the preset as well as the image at the same time. Even if that window accidentally gets minimized or otherwise manipulated, you only have to open up the file again.
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_8.png (482.71 KiB) Viewed 33417 times

To snap the Table application to one monitor:
A. Bring up the on screen keyboard by tapping along the edge of the left side panel
B. Tap again to bring the keyboard to the center of the screen
C. Press Fn then F11
D. Press the windows icon then either the left or right arrows to snap the application to either monitor.

2. Depending on what's highlighted, you can also use the highlight tool so that one structure is opaque and all others are transparent.
Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_9.png (523.61 KiB) Viewed 33417 times

3. Alternatively, you can use the pin tool to point out certain structures.
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (326.88 KiB) Viewed 33417 times

Lastly, we will take this into consideration and do our best to have the pen tool be saved in the presets in a future software update!
jackiesr
Institution/Company: Richland College

presets and other questions

Postby jackiesr » Mon May 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks for the response, Jenny. This week I am going to download the new presets, but I want to make sure that I DO NOT LOSE THE PRESETS THAT I MADE. Will this a problem? I am going to use the directions called "Table4.0 Preset Installation Instructions".

Another question---on the forum anywhere? I know that they are in the file exporer on the table, but I am not in front to the table right now.

3rd question--Do you have any handouts (mentioned aafter the last year's Anatomage table users group meeting) I wondered whether the Anatomage curriculum files were available? I know that I might be able to get them when I go to the users meeting in July -- I did not happen to go last year? I am working on exercises for the machine this summer, right now, and some of that info might be helpful to me.

thanks, jackie
Anatomage
Site Admin

Re: Converting your presets for the Table4.0 software update

Postby Anatomage » Tue May 31, 2016 11:48 am

1. How to export presets!
We definitely don't want you to lose the presets on which you've spent so much time and effort. Here are the How To documents on preserving your presets, whether they were made in the real tissue data (Full Body Male, Full Body Female, High Resolution Regional Scans) or the DCM, INV data (Full Body Female with Digital Models, all Image Library cases, and any of your own scans).
How to Define, Save, Export, and Import Presets (Real Tissue Data) 4.0.pdf
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 1718 times

How to Define, Save, Export, and Import Presets (DCM, INV) 4.0.pdf
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 1860 times

2. The "Table4.0 Preset Installation Instructions" is located in the post, . They are also attached here for your convenience.
Table4.0 Preset Installation Instructions.pdf
(324.88 KiB) Downloaded 1679 times

3. UGM handouts
I can send these to you over email since the files we used for the Anatomage Curriculum class aren't meant for mass distribution.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Anatomage Table General Discussion”