How do you control access to the Anatomage Table?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gerber
Institution/Company: Palmer College of Chiropractic - Florida

How do you control access to the Anatomage Table?

Postby Gerber » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:14 am

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in how different schools are controlling access to their tables. Palmer College of Chiropractic currently has two tables, we have one in our "dry" lab, which is always supervised while open, and one in our health sciences library along with our anatomical model collection.

I had originally thought that after an orientation session we would "check out" a table to a student or to a team of students for an hour (especially while it is new and while there will be a high demand for it) and let them explore and learn the different table applications & functionality, at least until instructors begin to incorporate it into their curriculum.

The table in the library will be accessible to students 16 hours a day (much more than the than the table in our dry lab), and as a librarian, I want them to be able to use it, but it is out in a public services area, and even though we have a strict no food/drink policy in our model area...well, I think we all know what the realities are!

We have started conducting a few public demonstrations, and every time we take the cover off, the table never fails to draw a crowd (see below), so I am very interested if schools are really locking down, or strictly controlling access to their tables, or if they are really pushing students (and instructors) to utilize their new educational technology tool.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Regards,
Ed Murphy
Librarian, David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library

Anatomage w Dr Martin.JPG
Palmer College of Chiropractic - Florida President Dr. Peter Martin demonstrates and discusses the new table with students.
Anatomage w Dr Martin.JPG (394.29 KiB) Viewed 6774 times

Anatomage.JPG
David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library table in action!
Anatomage.JPG (389.08 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Anatomage Table General Discussion”